Ever have that one person in your life that you just can’t give up on, the one person that can screw you over time after time, yet you always seem to give them another chance? And no matter how many times you say this is their last one, you know it’s a lie because there’s always just one more waiting for them. The one person you know you’re better off without, but you can’t find a way to let them go because deep down inside, you wouldn’t know what to do without them. The one person you know doesn’t deserve you, but yet you choose to overlook it because you love him. yeah? well, he’s that guy for me.
Everything you have been told is a lie. Things don’t happen for a reason. They just occur and you must deal with it, good or bad. People will always leave you because the potential for better is there thanks to the media. They do not care if they have to step on top of you to get to euphoria. Everybody has somebody they use. And everybody, everybody lies. They all get mad and say things they don’t mean. But once they are said, they are out there, unable to be shoved back down your throat. Watch your tongue, but even more importantly, watch your back. There is always someone standing there ready to stab you.
seven things I wish my mother had taught me about myself:
1. the only reason to wear makeup is that it makes you feel better about yourself. you cannot hide who you are behind even skin and rosy cheeks. you cannot try to create a different face and wish for a different life to follow.
2. never excuse yourself to the bathroom by saying “I’m just going to fix myself up.” you are not broken bones and makeup is not your cast, it won’t keep you together. the only thing that will keep you together is yourself.
3. you do not need to lift weights to be considered strong, sometimes just getting out of bed on a bad day makes you the strongest person you can be and sometimes that’s going to have to be okay.
4. do not tear down your foundation to try to rebuild your body. remember that a pretty building will have leaks and cracks. remember that a pretty building with nothing inside will break during a storm. remember that it is more important to have a personality that will never fold than a face that will not last.
5. you are a lot of things that have nothing to do with your looks. you can be clever and witty and intelligent and kind and helpful and caring and charismatic and outgoing and funny. you are a lot of things that are worth more than your looks.
6. make an impact on people’s lives. the pretty girl walking down the street is forgotten much sooner than the person who told them their eyes light up the cloudy afternoon.
7. be the best person you can be and you will realize that person is worth more than a pretty picture.
"I just want her to believe that I think she’s beautiful and inspiring." // k.c.w. (via dreamingtravesty)
i want to know your birthday and your parents jobs and if you ever heard them fighting or having sex and if you love your siblings and the worst fight you’ve ever gotten into and if you like one sibling more than the other and what you wanted to be when you grew up when you were seven and your dream vacation and the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you and if you’ve been to therapy and if it helped and the hardest thing you’ve experienced and how you overcame it and if you like what you see when you look in the mirror and if you think appearances matter in a relationship or at all and your favorite movie and which books changed your life and the hardest you’ve ever cried and which grandparent you loved the most and if the words “we need to talk” make you sick to your stomach and why and which holiday is your favorite and which season and which color and if you like rain and if you’re scared of dying and if you believe in god and if you have allergies and to what and what your favorite food is and restaurant and if you like to cook and whether or not you care about cleanliness and what your political views are and if you’re a feminist and your favorite flower and song and if you’d rather own a cat or a dog and if you’d shave off all your hair to give it to a little girl going through chemotherapy and where you’d like to live and honeymoon and what kind of gum and candy you like and what you act like when you’re mad and if you’d rather someone buy you silver or gold jewelry or neither and what clique you were in in high school and what you think your spirit animal is and which flower you’d be and who you admire and which traits you wish were more dominant and if you ever worry you’re a shitty person and what hurt you the most and why you ever thought you were worthless and how someone can make you feel better when you’re sad and if you prefer hugs or kisses and what your house looks like and what your dream car is and which celebrity you think lives the most tragic life and why you think people become so cold and what you think about nature vs nurture and if you believe in heaven and aliens and mermaids and reincarnation and the bible and which feeling is your least favorite and what was the best day you ever had and what would be the best day and if you see yourself as the protector or one who needs protecting and how you deal with your pain and what you would do if you had 100 million dollars and if you think wealth affects people’s morals and what good you think writing is and if you could do it all over, would you and what would you change and what mistake was your biggest and which language you wish you spoke fluently and how many people you’ve loved and if you loved the person you lost your virginity to and if you realize you’re remarkable and what your enneagram is and how you think we could improve the education system and what you think of people who commit suicide and if you think they’re selfish and what you say to them before they did it if you could and what your favorite memory of your childhood is and how you take your tea or if you prefer coffee and when you last wrote someone a handwritten letter and what the best gift you ever received was and what the best piece of advice was and when the last time you cried was and if you’re competitive about board games and which is your favorite and if you feel pressured to settle down and what you notice first in a person and what your top three pet peeves are and if you have any phobias and what you’ve always wanted to do but don’t have the courage to go through with and what you do when you feel overwhelmingly sad and if you ski and if plastic surgery was 100% safe and painless, would you get it and where and why and where you think home is and if you think politeness is important and what you think of indecisive people and if you think there’s ever a reason to go to war and something that scares you and if you believe in therapy and what you want in life and what you look for in a partner and what you want to change about yourself and about the world and who you want to be and who you are. just tell me who you are.